Our Mobile phones make it easier for us to keep in touch with our loved ones everywhere we go but sometimes we receive calls from spammers, annoying strangers, telemarketers, and other unwanted callers.To avoid making this our burden, the best solution for us is to block them.
In today’s guide, we will share with you an easy way to block a number on your Android phone.
- 1 How to block a phone number on your Android without any Software/App
- 2 Some Network Operators Make It Possible to Block Phone Numbers On Your Device
- 3 How To Block Calls On Samsung Phones
- 4 How To Block Calls On LG Phones
- 5 How To Block Calls On HTC Phones
- 6 Best Third-Party Apps For Blocking Phone Calls On Android
- 7 Using Call Blocker to Block Calls On Your Android Phone
- 8 Using Calls Blacklist to Block Calls On Your Android Phone
How to block a phone number on your Android without any Software/App
Most Android phone manufacturers have inbuilt call blocking feature to enable you to get rid of unwanted calls.
The procedure to block a phone number on a specific device varies with another.We can not provide details of how to accomplish this on every single phone but we have summed up the necessary steps for blocking calls on Android for the popular devices.
Some Network Operators Make It Possible to Block Phone Numbers On Your Device
Want a simple way to block contacts on your device? Some network operator makes it easy for you to block specific contacts on your device.Doing it manually from your phone works alright but to those that usually change their device we recommend contacting your network provider on how to block specific contacts on your device.
How To Block Calls On Samsung Phones
Samsung is the largest producer of Android smartphones in the world so it’s likely you might be using a Samsung device.
Here is how you can block calls on Samsung devices;
- Open the Phone app.
- Select which number you want to block and hit “More” (located on the top-right corner).
- Select “Add to Auto-Reject List”.
- To remove or make more edits, go to Settings > Call Settings > All Calls > Auto Reject.
How To Block Calls On LG Phones
Here we will show you how to block calls on LG Phones.The steps look similar to other devices but there is the only slight difference.
Here is how you can block calls on LG devices;
- Open the Phone app.
- Tap the 3-dot icon (top-right corner).
- Select “Call Settings”.
- Select “Reject Calls”.
- Tap the ‘+’ button and add the numbers you want to be blocked.
How To Block Calls On HTC Phones
Here is how you can block calls on HTC devices;
- Open the Phone app.
- Press and hold the phone number.
- Select “Block Contact”.
- Select “OK”.
- You can remove them from the blocked list on the People app.
Best Third-Party Apps For Blocking Phone Calls On Android
If your Android phone does not have inbuilt call blocking feature or the features you have are few and you wish to use more advanced ways to block calls on your Android device.The are many apps available on the play store that can help you achieve this; we have listed the best free call blocking apps for Android devices.
Using Call Blocker to Block Calls On Your Android Phone
Call blocker is a simple Android app that enables you to prevent restricted callers from contacting you.
How to use Call Blocker:
- Download, install and launch the Call Blocker app.
- On the app’s main menu, tap the Blocked Calls button.
- Tap the add button (represented by an icon of paper with check and X marks)
- The Blacklist and Whitelist tabs will be displayed on the screen. Tap Add Number to add a contact.
- You can add a number via your contacts, call log, or SMS log, or you can type the number directly. Contacts listed on the Blacklist tab will be blocked (of course!) while contacts on the Whitelist tab will be exempted.
Download Call Blocker
Using Calls Blacklist to Block Calls On Your Android Phone
Calls Blacklist allows you to block unwanted calls and texts on your mobile phone.
How to use Calls Blacklist
To block calls with Calls Blacklist;
1.Download and install Calls Blacklist
2.Launch the app and add a contact number to the Blacklist tab.You can add a number via your Contacts, call logs, or messages log, or add numbers manually. And, that’s it! Contacts saved under Blacklist won’t be able to call your Android phone anymore.
We hope this guide helped you, don’t allow unknown callers to disturb you.Follow our simple guide to be able to block any unknown number on your Android phone.
Do not forget to subscribe to our email list for exclusive deals.